Day 6 – Tuesday, February 19
Day 7 – Wednesday, February 20
Day 8 – Thursday, February 21
Day 9 – Friday, February 22
Day 10 – Saturday, February 23
Some highlights for week 2 include:
- The purpose of fasting is to re-connect with God, allowing Him to set you free of those things that weight you down, keeping you from running the race He has set before you and living your authentic life.
- Although people tend to think of fasting as denying one’s self, it really is more about exchanging something of lesser value for something of greater value. It is exchanging the needs of the physical body for those of the spirit.
- Fasting is about restraining your natural pleasures and breaking the cycle of stressful living by taking the time to seek God’s face, the only One who sees your heart and knows who the authentic you really is. God has the power to break through the clutter that masks your identity, distracts your focus, and keeps you from the abundant life that Jesus dies to provide.
- Humble yourself before God, voluntarily submitting yourself to weakness, limitations and to feasting on His Word; expect His grace to save your soul by healing, empowering, directing, and seeing.
- You are setting aside this time to enlarge, expand, and build your capacity to discover, create, become, and achieve more.
- The 40 Day Soul Fast is for the purpose of creating in you the capacity to hear and receive God’s best plan for your life.
- Fasting allows the Holy Spirit to reshape you into your true self by dealing with your wounds from the past that have distorted, stagnated, and stunted your essence.
- Negative patterns prevent you from fulfilling your dreams. They cause you to doubt yourself so that the seeds of potential die locked inside of you – all because your soul remains unhealed.
- This 40-day fast is the time to completely focus on God, worshipping Him and laying your agenda before Him. Allow Him to heal you of self-absorption and give you a hungering and thirsting after Him that He can bless. Authentic living is a life centered on God.
- Wholeness is the fruit of God’s grace working in your life.
- When you allow faith and forgiveness to liberate and heal your soul, you will be well on your way to living on the summit of wholeness.
- Be mindful of the little things pulling at the edges of your soul.
- Fasting is about removing you from the control room of your life and realizing your absolute need for the empowering grace of God.
- If you can surrender your own personal agenda for God’s agenda, you will be given great power to achieve extraordinary things.
- God wants to significantly change the lives of others through ordinary people so that He is glorified. When God gets noticed and praised, the world becomes a better place. Your ego-driven desire for the limelight clogs up your conduit of power.
- Mediocrity is not part of God’s definition of eternal life; authentic living is a life that is vibrant and active. God is constantly at work, looking for ordinary people who want to partner with Him by allowing His supernatural power to be channeled through them to a hurting world.
- This 40-day fast is your time to become empowered by spending focused time with Jesus!
- There will be hectic seasons, exhausting and trying times, but if you continue to pursue the heart of God and to be led by His Spirit, you will find constant renewal and refreshment.
- Make it your number-one priority to pursue the things of God – His Word, His Spirit, His Presence. This is essential to living a balanced life.
- However, as you rest from over-doing, become more mindful of God’s presence, and subdue your desires by practicing the art of fasting, you will begin to see God from a new perspective.
- Fasting tenderizes your heart, making it more like the heart of Jesus, and brings a new level of sensitivity to God’s leading.
- The good news is that as your authentic self moves to the forefront of your life your choices will become better aligned with God’s purposes. Each new decision you make will determine your future. Destiny moves at the speed of decision.
- Fasting re-energizes your senses, including your sight. Fasting won’t make difficulties disappear, but it will give you new eyes with which to see. Sometimes all you need is a fresh perspective.
- When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.
- Insight is a spiritual phenomenon. It is seeing from within – grasping what is possible from another dimension and connecting it in some new way to your present reality.
- God, by His Holy Spirit, can give you spiritual eyesight to see where others cannot.
- Learn to see beyond how things look. Don’t trust in what you see, in your ability to interpret correctly or completely; ask God to show you opportunities and innovations He wants to bring to you and the world you impact.
- God wants to give you eyes to see the path to your authentic life!
- It is the goodness of God that leads to repentance. It is only because of God’s goodness that we can have any hope of being good ourselves.
- Purpose to be filled with God’s goodness and to express it. Become a practitioner of goodness: “a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work” (2 Tim 2:21 NKJV).
- In order to cause a shadow to disappear, you must shine light on it.
Feel free to share how week two is coming along for you by commenting below. You may also send any prayer requests to email@example.com